IBPS Probationary Officer
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria
The IBPS PO Eligibility criteria can be summarized as explained below:
An applicant must be either –
- A Citizen of India or
- A subject of Bhutan or
- A subject of Nepal or
- A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Graduation or Degree in any discipline from a University recognized by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- Must possessing a valid Degree Certificate / Mark sheet and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
- All the educational qualifications should be from an Institution / University/ Board recognized by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies.
- The applicants who are in the final year of their final year of graduation that means appearing applicants are also eligible to fill the IBPS PO Application form 2016.
- The applicants must be aged between 20 years to 30 years of age.
- Must have been born between 02.07.1987 and 01.07.1997.
- Relaxation in Age limit will be provided to the applicants belonging to different categories.
The following table shows the age relaxation criteria for the reserved category applicants:
|Category||Relaxation in age|
|Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes||05 years|
|Physically disabled applicants (PH)||10 years|
|Other backward classes OBC-NCL||03 years|
|Of the State of Jammu and Kashmir the original habitants of Kashmir Division during the period ranging from 01 January 1980 to 31st December 1989||05 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs), Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs) who have worked for not less than 5 years in military and have left on conclusion of project||05 years|
|The people affected in the 1984 riots||05 years|
- Preliminary Examination Scheme:
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests||No. of Qs||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite time of
- Main Examination Scheme:
|Sr. No||Name of Tests
(NOT BY SEQUENCE)
|No. of Qs||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||Reasoning||50||50||English & Hindi||40 minutes|
|2||English Language||40||40||English||30 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||English & Hindi||40 minutes|
|4||General Awareness (with special reference to Banking)||40||40||English & Hindi||20 minutes|
|5||Computer Knowledge||20||20||English & Hindi||10 minutes|