The Reserve Bank of India is the regulatory body under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. RBI Assistant is conducted by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) at the national level. The selection process for RBI Assistant is done in three stages – Prelims, Mains and Language Proficiency Test. Here is this video you will get to know about what is RBI Assistant Recruitment, its Application Process, Job Profile, Pay Scale & other relevant details.
Nationality: A candidate is required to be
(a) a citizen of India or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
A candidate must range between 20-28 years of age to be eligible for RBI Assistant Exam. Age relaxation is given to candidates belonging to the reserved category. The age relaxations granted by the Government of India is mentioned in the table below:
|5 Years i.e. up to 33 years
|3 Years i.e. up to 31 years
|10 Years for Gen
13 years for OBC
15 years for SC/ST
|To the extent of service rendered by them in Armed Forces plus an additional period of 3 years subject to maximum of 50 years.
|Widows/divorced women/ women judicially separated who are not re-married
|Candidates, holding working experience of RBI
|To the extent of the number of years of such experience, subject to a maximum of 3 years.
RBI Assistant Educational Qualification
A candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree with an aggregate of 50% (pass class for SC/ST/PwBD candidates) and above in any discipline to be eligible for the RBI Assistant Exam. He/She must hold knowledge of computers as well as have proficiency in the official language of the concerned state of Union Territory.
The candidates have to primarily appear in the RBI Assistant Prelims Exam, which is the screening stage to shortlist candidates for Mains Exam.
|No. of Questions
RBI Assistant Mains Exam Pattern
The candidates who qualify in the Prelims Exam will be eligible to appear for RBI Assistant Mains Exam for which the exam pattern has been mentioned below.
|No. of Questions
Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
The candidates provisionally shortlisted from the main online examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT). Based on the score of the preliminary examination students are qualified for the Mains exam. It is mandatory for all the candidates to qualify for these three rounds to ensure final selection to the post of Assistant in Reserve Bank of India.
The RBI Assistant Exam has a predefined syllabus for all the sections for both the preliminary examination and mains examination. The detailed RBI Assistant Syllabus of the examination is discussed below:
|Current World News
|Time and Distance
|Current India News
|Time and Work
|Basic Hardware and Software
|HCF and LCM
|History of Computers
|Simple and Compound Interest
|Odd Man Out
|Problems on Trains
|Coding and Decoding
|Allegations and Comparison
|Directions Based Concept
|Permutation and Combination
|Statement Reading, Understanding
Applicants are required to pay Rs. 450 (for General and OBC Candidate) or Rs. 50 (for Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD) as their Application Fee for RBI Assistant Exam. He/She can pay the application fee online using net banking or by any credit/debit card.
Please note that no application fee is required to be paid by the RBI staff.
|Amount / Fee
|For OBC/General Candidates
|For SC/ST/PWD/EXS Candidates
How to apply
Here are the steps to apply for RBI Assistant exam:
1. Visit the official website of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) at https://www.rbi.org.in/.
2. Go to the “Opportunities@RBI” section and click on the “Current Vacancies” tab.
3. Look for the advertisement for the RBI Assistant exam and click on it to read the details.
4. Check the eligibility criteria for the exam and ensure that you meet all the requirements.
5. Click on the “Apply Online” link and register yourself by providing your basic details such as name, email ID, phone number, etc.
6. Once you have registered, fill in the application form with all the necessary details such as personal information, educational qualifications, work experience, etc.
7. Upload your photograph, signature, and other relevant documents as per the specifications mentioned in the application form.
8. Pay the application fee online using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
9. After submitting the application form, take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
10. Keep checking the official website for updates on the exam date, admit card, and result.